Have you ever walked out of the house and pray no one you know sees you? I do, most of the time. I’ll even go as far as putting on my shades (even if it’s raining), and my mean mug face so other people don’t interact with me. Why? Well, I look awful of course! I can hardly get myself ready for the day, let alone my kid!
I only have one kid and sometimes I wonder if I’m enough or if I should be caring more about the smaller things. Like what I look like, what I’m wearing, or what my house looks like when people come over. Then I just forget about it and decide that if he’s happy then that’s all that matters. Besides, he’s a baby and doesn’t really care what I look like. It’s how I feel about those things that matter, too. Moms, don’t be ashamed of the following, you’re not alone!
Okay so maybe I don’t notice stains on my clothes and maybe I do 😬. After getting my son dressed and fighting to put his clothes on I just don’t have the patience to finish getting ready myself. I go out, and while I’m driving I notice the mouth stains on my t shirt and the green beans on my pants. I just decide to pretend that I don’t see those stains and embraced it. This happens more frequent, than not. I used to be ashamed, but I have learned to accept the fact that I can’t help that my kiddo loves me so much that he likes to share his food with me (and my clothes). I’m a messy mom.
Continuing with the theme from above. If I have time to actually look decent I’ll do it…most of the time I don’t. Praise the Lord for whoever invented leggings, yoga pants, running shorts and relaxed Ts- My everyday go to apparel! I envy the moms that look fly and their kids also look fly. Honestly, my way of dressing up is wearing relaxed fit shirts with some sort of saying on it. Not sure why, but I love it. Especially, mom life shirts.. I can’t wait for the day that I truly care what I look like outside my home. For now, I’m a comfortable mom.
Since my son has been born I’ve noticed that a lot of times when I head out of the house I just don’t have my face on. Meaning, no makeup at all. You would have never caught me without makeup before, but now I just flaunt what the Good Lord gave me on this head! I’m a lazy mom.
Easier said than done to not be ashamed of your body. Trust me, I’ve struggled with this for awhile now. The “baby flap” is hanging on and not sure if it’s letting go anytime soon. It’s clutches are so tight around my body that it screams at me every time I put jeans on. I’ve learned to be confident about it though, and hopefully with time I can escape the grasp. I’m a chubby mom.
I have walked into some houses and couldn’t believe how clean and perfect it was. I immediately feel bad about the way my house is. Baby Toys everywhere, dog toys/ bones everywhere, dishes aren’t done, tulperwear strewn throughout the house (the babe is obsessed), never ending laundry…the list could go on! I’ve learned to embrace it because no matter how much I catch up on it, an hour later it’s a mess again 😝. I’m always a messy mom.
Someday I will get it together. I will be able to wear the cute clothes, put my face on, get him ready, clean my house, and not have a drop of grossness on my outfits. I will perfect the mom life where other new moms envy me….Or I won’t, either way is fine. Moms, no one is perfect. Try not to worry about the smaller things. At times you may feel embarrassed about appearance and being a total disaster, but if you’re little ones are happy then that’s all that matters ❤️
It was around 10:30 at night when I heard the ping on my phone that indicated I had a Facebook message. I opened it and popped up off the couch and did a little jig. Oh so quietly of course because the babe was snoozing in my husbands arms. He just looked at me like I was insane…I then explained (quietly..it was so hard) that I had been nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award.
I’m so happy to be posting about the Sunshine Blogger Award. I am one of 11 bloggers nominated for this award by For The Love Of Teachers , and it took me by surprise. I’ve wanted to be nominated for awhile now, but I never thought it would just happen. For someone who hasn’t been doing this long, I couldn’t be more appreciative or proud of myself. I love blogging and am so excited that my hard work is paying off. The coolest part about all of this is that the blogging community comes together to boost each other up. People outside of blogging don’t really understand what all goes into a blog, and this solidifies my feelings that the blogging community is truly out there to help one another.
So, thank you again fortheloveofteachers.com ! You are forever apart of my growing blog. For that, I am grateful to you. You are apart of making my blogging dreams come true ❤️.
Here are the questions from For The Love of Teachers:
My niche focuses around being a mom. I may discuss other topics, but it always rolls around to being a mom. In this blog I hope I can inspire, encourage, and make you giggle. I love making people laugh and if I can do that while having you ponder about certain topics then that’s a victory!
I created my blog because I stumbled upon the stay at home gig. It was a tough decision to stop what I was doing at the time, but it’s what was best for our family and our son. You can find more information in the post Why I’m home. I always enjoyed reading other blogs and decided I could do that too while being home!
I hope that someday my blog can be big enough to make a true steady income. Some blogs make tons of money, but I just want it to be enough to contribute. I know to really do that I need to provide some sort of service for people and I know I need to work on that. If I can do that, then I have succeeded. I have a long ways to go, but slowly and surely I think I can get there.
I began blogging at the beginning of April 2017.
I really enjoy scarymommy.com ! They have different categories, guests posts, videos and even a spot for Dads! It’s pretty awesome and I hope I can guest post on their someday! I also really enjoy lazymomsblog.com . Her page is beautiful, her writing is beautiful, and a page I strive to have (except my own style of course).
I currently am blogging in hopes to make it full time so I suppose it’s a hobby?
I wish I would have had a few posts and following before launching. I’m also fairly new to this so I’m really not sure yet what mistakes are being done as we speak, haha!
Others should read my blog because I feel like I have a personal touch to every post. I can make you really think and I hope I can provide insight on specific topics you care about.
This is a tough question, I’m not really sure? I know that I hope I can inspire others with my posts. I can inspire others by being honest about the topics I’m posting about. I also could be inspiring others knowing that I’m out here doing something I love and not in an everyday rut.
For me, the biggest challenges come with posting something I write and truly liking it. I have a ton of drafts hanging around that I’m just not to confident about. This makes me not post as often as I would like.
I am super active on the Facebook blogging groups. Everyday they have some sort of activity for bloggers to participate in. I love sharing, commenting, and giving advice to other bloggers. Once I get bigger I hope I can do more to help other bloggers. I also encourage/support my friends and family in any venture they do. I have family members who have their own business- including my sister at Halee B Photography 😉 she’s the best.
Now I get to nominate 11 others! Please comment below if you are interested and I will check out your blog!
Here are my questions for you:
1. What is a goal for your blog?
2. What or who inspires you?
3. What does a day in your life look like?
4. How did you find or decide on your niche?
5. What is your favorite post that you have ever written?
6. What is your favorite post that another blogger has written?
7. How did you decide on the name of your blog?
8. What do you love about blogging?
9. Do you have a day job as well as blogging?
10. If you could give any advice to new bloggers, what would it be?
11. Where do you see your blog in a year from now?
I’ve got sunshine-Now It’s your turn to spread it 🙂
As humans when we see a picture of a baby we automatically go, “aww how cute.” Their tiny, squishy bodies fill us with all the baby feels. They have cute toothless smiles, rolls for miles, and tiny hands that wrap sweetly around their parent’s fingers. That’s just a picture though. That picture only lasts about a few minutes in real life. Outside that picture babies are actually disgusting disasters. Cute, but disgusting. I’ll tell you why.
1. Poop. Never in my life did I ever think I would inspect poop so much. When our son was younger he had tummy issues so we were always staring at his poop, and at one point digging through it to inspect blood (no worries, we figured it out at that time). Then there are the explosions. They just flow out all sides of the diaper, and you go a little crazy wondering when the poop will end while getting it all over the place and you. There is also the accidental turd spillage. Somehow it just magically rolls off the changing table and before you know it you lost a turd…or your dog ate it 😳.
2. Snot. Growing up I had a fear of other people’s boogers. Having a snotty boy helped me conquer those fears by diving head first in a pool of snot. When he was younger he was sick… A LOT. That means we got to be pros at sucking snot out his nose. We used the nose sucker thingy and while we did, strings of snot followed, then a pool of snot puddled after being dispensed onto a wipe. It never ends though, ever. There will always be snot and boogers.
3. Spit up. Sometimes spit up isn’t that bad, other times it doesn’t stop coming out and there is so much you don’t even know how all of it could be in a tiny body. Also, depending on the formula it could smell so bad. For example, our son is on Soy formula and everything about it stinks, so coming back up is awful.
4. Everything in the mouth. Every. Single. Thing. In. Mouth. It’s gross. GROSS! You better keep an eye on that babe when they can get crawling because they will put all the gross carpet specs in their mouth. I don’t know who is more gross, me or our son. The things he finds 😳😳… dog bones, crumbs, where did that bowl come from? At least he didn’t eat the turd….right?
5. Crusts. The reason for including this is because if other people see this then they automatically think, “ew, dirty baby.” These people might not have a baby or are super clean, super powered humans. This is when you feed your sweet babe baby food, clean it off their face and head out the door. Once you’re out and about, you look at your babe and go –oh my lord! Orange everywhere! Orange crusts up the nostrils, on the cheeks, under the eyes… it’s in the hair! How did it get there!? The lighting in the house makes it look like your babe is sparkly clean, but no…it’s a lie.
Those are some pretty gross aspects of babies. I never thought I would deal with all of those things, but many of us have. And after having him, I just don’t care about those gross things…at all. I am pooped on, snotted on, spit up on, and a pro at sprinting across the room to get whatever that is out of his mouth. I can handle it all now. Never thought I could, but I can and it doesn’t bother me at all.
Why? Well, the answer is super obvious. LOVE. I love him and oddly enjoy taking care of the disgusting things that come with a baby. I also don’t care if people think my baby is gross or if I’m gross. Moms are also gross. There are a million stories out there of gross things moms have done for their sweet babies! I’ll enjoy continuing this gross, cute trend.
I have already seen a million Mother’s Day blogs, but why not add another?! Especially since this my first Mother’s Day and for many of you it will be your first! It’s really strange for me in fact. Sometimes I still look at my husband and say, “we have a human.” This tiny human has changed our lives dramatically (duh). The months leading up to this Mother’s Day have been filled with joy, laughter, and exhaustion.
I will never forget the day I became a mother. So many emotions swished through my body all at once. You can read more about his journey here. He’s 9 months old and on the move now! I couldn’t be more proud! A lot of my friends are just now getting pregnant, planning out their pregnancy, or are just a few months away. There is really nothing anyone can say or do to prepare you to welcome a new one in this world. Honestly, there is never a perfect time either. It’s a scary feeling, the unknown. Every mom’s journey is different, but just know you are not alone. Since having my babe, I think I have called my mom a million and one times over the tiniest things. Just another reason why my mom is awesome. I could only hope I do as great as she does.
Being a mom is amazing. I love it so much, definitely my greatest adventure. I now know what my parents were talking about when they said they worry all of the time. I don’t stop worrying and I can’t imagine how my mom did it with three daughters, haha! Like many of you out there, you may have a little one on your hands. Instead of getting flowers for the day, there might be other helpful items to receive on Mother’s Day to up your game as a mom! Not that you need to up your game, but these items will just be helpful ;-).
So make bath time easier with a cool bathtub or give that mom an energy boost with coffee! I know some of these aren’t the most traditional Mother’s Day gifts. Get out of the picture frame funk and do something different! Whatever you do, don’t leave your mom, wife, grandma, or whoever out this Sunday!